The ski area Tofana – Freccia nel Cielo
The Tofana-Freccia nel Cielo take you to the heart of the ski resorts of Col Druscié and Ra Valles, on the most beautiful mountains in Cortina d’Ampezzo, where you can enjoy an unforgettable experience. As far back as 1971, the Tofana Freccia nel Cielo funicular lift, with its three stations, was one of the most important cable facilities in Italy. The complex was built into the rock so as to have minimum visual impact and not interfere with the views of the mountains. It was later renovated and innovated with all the technology and safety measures under the laws regulating these types of facilities.
Free Wi-Fi from the car parking of the Freccia nel Cielo cable car up to Cima Tofana.
The A slope in Col Druscie’ helped make Cortina d’Ampezzo famous on the world scene during the 1956 Olympics, when Tony Sailer won the special slalom ski race. The Tofana Freccia nel Cielo funicular lift and theBus Tofana chairlift carry skiers to an altitude of 2828 m, to the start of the longest slope in Cortina with a skiing altitude difference of 1604 m.
One of the strong points of the Tofana Freccia nel Cielo resort lies in the quality of its slopes. Expert snow cat operators groom the slopes every night, providing the skier with the chance to enjoy an exciting ski ride on two of the most challenging and spectacular slopes in Cortina; or they can opt for a more mellow descent on one of the myriad blue and red runs in the resort.
- 25. cableway Cortina – Col Drusciè
- 26. cableway Col Drusciè – Ra Valles
- 24. lift Colfiere
- 28. lift Pian Ra Valles
- 29. lift Cacciatori
- 30. lift Bus di Tofana
SLOPES IN THE RESORT:
- 47 Cacciatori, blue (easy)
- 49 Pian Ra Valles, blue (easy)
- 40 Col Drusciè B, blue (easy)
- 42 Raccordo Piè Tofana, blue (easy)
- 43 Muro de ra Cioures, blue (easy)
- 44 Stries – down to Cortina, blue (easy)
- 46 Bus de Tofana, red (medium)
- 48 Canalini, red (medium)
- 50 Variante, red (medium)
- 51 Forcella Rossa, black (difficult)
- 41 Col Drusciè A, black (difficult)